We love parties! Winter, Spring Summer and Fall but but nothing beats the smell of burgers on the grill and the sound of kids splashing in the pool on a hot summer day. We hope you can dust off your grill, top off the pool and gather with friends and family to celebrate all that summer has to offer. Check out a few of our favorite summer tips and tricks that might help those summertime gatherings be a little less stressful.
1. Keep little faces from feeling the burn and create a sunscreen station for your guests. Grab a few bottles of sunscreen and place them in a fun basket with some wet wipes for an easy clean up. A must for those sunny Florida summer days!
2. Keep your guests hydrated with a fun self-serve beverage station. Grab a few fun summer drink dispensers. Fill them with cold water and frozen fruit to up the flavor factor and help keep things cool. We love lemon slices with mint leaves or frozen blueberries and orange slices for a cool refreshing treat. Get the kids involved with cleaning and freezing the fruit before the party too. They will be more likely to try new flavors and avoid the sugary sodas that don’t hydrate them during the sweltering summer days.
3. Looking for a new take on a classic summer treat? Stop by your local produce stand and pick out a perfect Florida watermelon. Cut and quarter the slices, slide a Popsicle stick into the rind and place in the freezer until the party starts. Fun, quick and loaded with juicy summer flavors!
4. Fill the coolers with frozen water balloons to keep beverages icy cold. At the end of the party let the kids have a super cool water balloon battle! What better way to cool down than with a chilled splash of water!
5. Be sure to set-up some yard games to keep guests entertained. Cornhole, Giant Jenga and classics like yard Scrabble and Giant Connect Four are always a hit.
6. Let Dad be grill master for the day while you prepare a toppings station for your guests to create their own culinary masterpiece. Toss some burgers, hot dogs or chicken on the grill and let them take it from there. Time saving for you as well so you can enjoy the party too!
We hope you have an awesome summer filled with good friends, good food and family!